3-Day Cohort Retreat in Yeruham, Israel
Time & Location
About the Event
The six startups of the 50:50 cohort went on a retreat to Yeruham, Israel for three full days. Below are some highlights.
Day 1, Aug. 08:
• Team self-awareness workshop about being self-aware, resilient, and an engaging leader.
• Meeting in Rahat, Israel with Startup Negev: an accelerator for Bedouin entrepreneurs.
Day 2, Aug. 09:
• Workshop on team collaboration and conflict resolution, discussing "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lencioni and how to avoid them.
• Practice pitches to Tech2Peace participants in a communal dinner.
Day 3, Aug. 10:
• Lecture giving tips on team decision making and explaining how to avoid common decision-making traps for startups.
• Visit to Ben-Gurion University (BGU) and meet with BGU Oazis Accelerator.
Moreover, the cohorts heard from a representative from the Dutch embassy in Israel, and were able to expand their networks through the meet-ups with Tech2Peace and the local startup incubators. The retreat was an incredible event joining professionals from all around to come together and offer their best entrepreneurship advice to the cohort, which will undoubtedly help them in their journeys ahead.